Get to Know Your Toyota – Parts, Maintenance & Service IntervalsOct 25th, 2023
Every Toyota owner knows that obtaining a driver’s license is merely the tip of the iceberg when it comes to being a well-informed driver. Beyond that lies an ocean of knowledge about the vehicle you drive. Whether you’re a rookie on the roads or just refreshing your vehicle know-how, here are 5 crucial nuggets you should be aware of:
1. Consistent Service Schedules: Your Vehicle’s Best Friend
Did you know? Toyota experts, trained at Toyota University, vouch for servicing your vehicle every 6 months or after covering 8,000 KM. Why? Well, pesky elements like road salt and sand are notorious for accumulating on your car during those chilly winter months. Adhering to the advised service frequency ensures that these elements are kept in check, protecting your car from premature wear and tear and guaranteeing top-tier performance.
2. Engine Care: Because It Powers Your Journey
Your engine is sensitive. Gas quality, seasonal temperature fluctuations, and even your driving style can disturb its harmony, affecting your vehicle’s efficiency. To counter this, Toyota’s proficient technicians advise opting for the Toyota Combustion and Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) System Cleaning after every 80,000 KM. Think of this as a spa day for your engine, cleaning away impurities and rejuvenating its performance.
3. Fluid Checks: The Lifeblood of Your Vehicle
Many intricacies of your vehicle function seamlessly due to specialized fluids. A few noteworthy ones are:
- Coolant: Shields your engine and cooling system against corrosion.
- Transmission Fluid: Acts as a guardian for transmissions against daily wear.
- Brake Fluid: Keeps the brake system components lubricated and corrosion-free.
Entrust Toyota University Trained Technicians with the task of inspecting and replenishing these fluids during regular checks, ensuring only Toyota Genuine Parts are used. And remember, when it comes to parts, always opt for authenticity over counterfeits.
4. Tire Talk: Suit Up As Per the Season
Canada’s varied climate necessitates understanding the difference between winter and all-season tires. Winter tires are designed with the cold in mind – offering better grip on icy terrains. However, using them in warmer weather? Not a great idea! On the flip side, all-season tires thrive in milder climates. Not sure about your tires’ condition? Toyota’s technicians are here to help with:
- Even tire wear through periodic rotations.
- Enhanced handling via precise wheel alignment.
- Monitoring and maintaining the right inflation level.
Need new tires? Use our tire selector to find the perfect fit. We offer 16 of Canada’s top all-season tire brands.
5. Air Conditioning Maintenance: Breathe Easy, Drive Happy
With time, the air conditioning system might harbor unwanted guests like dust and pollen. The solution? Toyota’s Air Conditioning (A/C) Refresher service. It offers:
- A comprehensive A/C system inspection, inclusive of the Toyota Genuine Cabin Air Filter.
- Filter replacements if they’re obstructed.
- A meticulous cleaning procedure to guarantee you breathe clean and pure air inside your Toyota.
Stay Ahead with Proactive Care
Your vehicle’s longevity is directly proportional to the proactive care it receives. Rely on Toyota University Trained Technicians and Toyota Genuine Parts to ensure your Toyota remains an epitome of excellence for years to come.